We rely on our friends and fans to bottle our great products, and we’re grateful for your help in getting the product bottled up for shipment all over. We always have fun bottling, but it is also hard work, so we want you to know what you’re getting into and what to expect from the experience. Once you know, complete the form below and we’ll add your name to our roster.
Bottling is generally done on Sundays one or two times per month, and we usually have two Mystic staff and four or five volunteers. When you sign up, we add your name to the bottling list. We pick 20 names at random from the list and email those names as early as we know the date of the bottling. The first five volunteers to respond are confirmed for the bottling run. You are committing to arriving on-time, ready to work (probably standing up for the entire bottling run). You MUST wear long pants, closed-toed shoes, and we recommend you wear clothes that can be easily laundered as you may have spirits spilled on them.
We usually have the line set up before you arrive, but we may ask you to help us do some last-minute preparations like flushing out the filler or staging corks and seals or labels.
Once we start the bottling run, you will get a chance to use all of our packaging equipment, but if possible we will put you on the machine you like using the best for a good part of the experience. We want you to have fun, enjoy the music, and we keep the pace up for the full shift with one break in the middle. A typical run lasts three hours and with the break and a meal before or after, you should plan to be here for 4 to 4.5 hours.
Send us your contact info through the form below if you’d like to join the Mystic bottling crew.
The fine print, if you sign up for bottling, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- You will not become an employee of Katmar LLC, Barrister and Brewer LLC, or any other entity by volunteering for the bottling crew. Your participation is strictly voluntary and you are engaging in an agritourism activity. T-shirts, tasting glasses, stickers, food and other gifts are strictly provided as promotional items and are not wages or remuneration for your help.
- We have never had a serious injury that occurred during bottling, but you may be exposed to hot surfaces, cleaning solutions, slippery floors, broken glass, delicious food, carbonated drinks, loud music and people who want to hug you. No matter what happens, you’re coming in of your own volition, having been warned, and at your own risk. WARNING Under North Carolina law, there is no liability for an injury to or death of a participant in an agritourism activity conducted at this agritourism location if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of the agritourism activity. Inherent risks of agritourism activities include, among others, risks of injury inherent to land, equipment, and animals, as well as the potential for you to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in this agritourism activity.
- You agree to come to the facility without any alcohol on or in your person, and you agree that you will not come under the influence of any drugs that would impair your ability to function safely in an industrial setting. If you cannot drive safely, you cannot safely participate in bottling.
- We are happy to invite you to our facility to participate, but we reserve the right to control who has access to our facility, and there is no obligation on our part to include anyone in actual bottling, to allow you to participate for an entire bottling run, or to invite anyone back. Some physical conditions may interfere with your ability to participate in this activity, and while we wish everyone could participate in this experience, not everyone can. Let us know what the situation is and we’ll do everything we can to be inclusive.
- You are expected to follow the instructions of the Mystic staff. If (in our sole opinion) you don’t follow our instructions, or if (in our sole opinion) you take any actions that might negatively affect the safety of others, you will be asked to leave.
- This is a 21 and up activity. If you are not of legal age, you can’t participate. Please bring a government-issued ID.